4. Multicultural Awareness, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
Graduates should be able to demonstrate multicultural awareness, knowledge, skills and ability. In meeting this competency, students should demonstrate their knowledge of. . .
- Their cultural heritage and how it affects identity development, world views, values and assumptions;
- Systems of privilege and oppression and groups and individuals who are different from self;
- Ways to challenge and support individuals, groups and organizations to maximize multiculturally sensitive and appropriate practices; and
- Areas of personal and professional growth in improving one’s own multicultural competence.