1. Knowledge of Higher Education and Student Affairs
Graduates should be able to demonstrate their understanding of the role of student affairs in higher education by being able to articulate current and past issues shaping the field and the implications these issues have on students’ lives. In meeting this competency, students should demonstrate their knowledge of. . .
- The historical and philosophical underpinnings of student affairs;
- Standards of good practice in student affairs and ethical responsibilities of the student affairs professional;
- The primary challenges and opportunities being presented to student affairs professionals; and
- Goals, trends, and key issues related to the future of the student affairs profession.