- Competency 1: Knowledge of Higher Education and Student Affairs
- Competency 2: Student Development in Higher Education
- Competency 3: Leadership
- Competency 4: Multicultural Awareness, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Competency 5: Assessment and Research
- Competency 6: Program Planning
- Competency 7: Teaching, Presentation, and Publication
- Competency 8: Individual, Group, and Organizational Communication
- Competency 9: The Developing Professional
- AHE 548: History of Higher Education
- AHE 551: Programs and Functions of Higher Education
- AHE 552: Student Development Theory I
- AHE 552: Student Development Theory II
- AHE 599: Student Transitions Seminar (First-Year Transitions)
- TCE 530: Fundamentals of Counseling
- AHE 513: Research and Assessment in Higher Education
- AHE 520: Multicultural Issues
- AHE 599: Organizational Architecture
- AHE 558: Organization and Administration of Higher Education
- AHE 554: Legal Issues in Higher Education
- AHE 557: Professional Development in Higher Education
- AHE 574: Budget and Finance
- AHE 510: Internship – College of Business
- AHE 510: Internship – Student Programs (Wenatchee Valley College)
- AHE 510: Internship – Office of Student Activities (Willamette University)
- WS 580: International Women
- AHE 599: Globalization of Higher Education
- AHE 599: Spirituality
- AHE 599: Academic Advising
- AHE 510: Internship – International Degree and Study Abroad
- AHE 510: Internship – Student Advisory Services (University of the West Indies at St. Augustine)
- Curriculum Integration – International Degree and Education Abroad, Oregon State University (reflection)
- Social Media: LinkedIn and Chatter.com Evaluations – College of Business, Oregon State University (reflection)
- International Higher Education and Student Affairs – Student Advisory Services, University of the West Indies at St. Augustine (Trinidad & Tobago) (article/reflection)
- New Student Orientation – Student Programs, Wenatchee Valley College (reflection)
- Student Organizations and Advising Assessment – Office of Student Activities, Willamette University (reflection)
- NASPA International Symposium – 2011, 2012
- NASPA National Conference – 2011, 2012
- NASPA Western Regional Conference – 2011
- Oregon Women in Higher Education – 2011, 2012
Additional Experiences & Projects
- Member: ACPA, NASPA
- Western Washington University Alumni Ask! Mentor
- NASPA International Education Knowledge Community (IEKC) Technology Chair – 2011-present
- CSSA Campus Days Coordination – 2011
Astin, A. W. (1984). Student involvement: A developmental theory for higher education. Journal of College Student Personnel, 25, 297-309.
Astin, A. W., Astin, H. S., & Lindholm, J. A. (2011). Cultivating the spirit. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
Chickering, A. W. (1969). Education and identity. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
Cuevas, C. J., & Timmerman, C. (2010). Orientation programs on the two-year campus. Orientation Planning Manual: 2010 Edition. Sedotti, M. A., & Payne, M. J. (Eds.). Minneapolis, MN: National Orientation Directors Association.
Evans, N. J., Forney, D. S., Guido, F. M., Patton, L. D., & Renn, K. A. (2010). Student development in college: Theory, research, and practice (2nd ed.). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
Geert Hofstede. (2012). Itim International. Retrieved from http://geert-hofstede.com/index.php
Goodman, J., Schlossberg, N. K., & Anderson, M. L. (2006). Counseling adults in transition (3rd ed.). New York, NY: Springer.
Kaplin, W. A., & Lee, B. A. (2007). The law of higher education (4th ed.). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
Komives, S. R., & Woodward, D. B., Jr. (Eds.). (2003). Student services: A handbook for the profession (4th ed.). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
Laanan, F. S. (2001). Transfer student adjustment. New Directions for Community Colleges, 114, 5-13.
Longwell-Grice, R. (2003). Get a job: Working class students discuss the purpose of college. College Student Affairs Journal, 23, 40-53.
McIntosh, P. (1988). White privilege: Unpacking the invisible knapsack. Retrieved from http://www.nymbp.org/reference/WhitePrivilege.pdf
National Institute for the Study of Transfer Students. (2012). About us. Retrieved from http://transferinstitute.unt.edu/content/about-us-history-national-institute-study-transfer-students
Pascarella, E. T., & Terenzini, P. T. (2005). How college affects students: Volume 2; A third decade of research. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
Rudolph, F. (1990). The American college & university. Athens, GA: The University of Georgia Press.
Thelin, J. R. (2004). A history of American higher education. Baltimore, MD: The Johns Hopkins University Press.
Zohar, D. (2005). Spiritually intelligent leadership. Leader to Leader, 38. Retrieved from http://www.hesselbeininstitute.org/knowledgecenter/journal.aspx?ArticleID=84