I have been mulling over revamping my 30 Before 30 list recently. Might as well. I’m 26. And it’s my life, my list, and I can do what I want. So, let’s see… revisions in bold.
Visit E in Spain Done!
2. Visit the Italian town my ancestors are from (Monastero di Lanzo)
3. Visit Australia and New Zealand
4. Visit Kauai, Hawai’i
5. Learn to swim
6. Learn to ride a bike
7. Learn to
bartend make great cocktails on my own so I can entertain like a pro. Or unwind from a long day at work like a pro.
8. Learn Spanish and Tagalog – Practicando el español este verano.
9. Meet my cousins and family in the Philippines
Earn a master’s degree in student affairs administration – DONE!
Have one more Wenatchee summer – Done; see last year’s (2011) internship experience.
12. Stay in a bed & breakfast (or yurt/cabin!) somewhere on the Oregon coast
13. Take an extensive brewery tour of the Northwest and West Coast
14. Hike the Enchantments
15. Hike part of the Pacific Crest trail (WA portion)
Road trip Travel to Alaska
Write a memoir – 17. Make blogging a priority
18. Get a piece of poetry or a research article published/present at a conference – My talent really lies in academic writing. I have to come to terms with it–my nerdiness rules everything. 🙂
19. Write a book and get it published – Surprisingly, making good, collaborative effort on this funny guide to life I’ve been working on.
20. Perform improv or stand-up – This is looking good, actually. Found a comedy club near my house, thanks to Snugz.*
21. Be an extra in a movie
22. Get professional-quality headshots/model shots just for fun
Try out for a semi-pro/professional dance/cheer team – Done! Didn’t get on it, but I did it.
24. Meet Neil Patrick Harris
25. Get an awesome 6-pack – In-progress…
Buy a car – Nevermind. Let’s change this to: 26. Save for a sweet city condo.
Get a dog – My puppy fever has been satiated by the good fortune of living with the best canine roommates! Revise to: 27. Go to the Doctor Who Experience in Cardiff, Wales
Read more books – Of course, this is progress, but I have done such a good job of reading more in the past couple of years!
Take Amtrak down the west coast – 29. Take the train more (PNW, Europe, etc.)
Get married and have a wonderful, down-to-earth wedding – 30. Have the BEST 30th birthday celebration w/ my closest friends somewhere far away (this was decided this weekend w/ another fellow Sagittarius).
And just to cheat a little bit…
31. Meet someone amazing and give the relationship 100%.
I’m happy with these revisions. They reflect who I am–and no surprise, most of these involve traveling–and can be attained if I am intentional.
Side note: I’m thinking the “40 Before 40” list will be pretty great. Coming in the next few years.
*Extra side note: Snugz totally picked this blog nickname himself.