Crazy week here at Trains and Sunsets.
* Registered www.ardithlaverne.com
* Helped out my colleague and friend for a brand-new HigherEdLive.com webcast
* Polishing the last few assignments of the term
* Jetting off to Philadelphia for the national NASPA conference
* Been fighting off some virus that is causing me a deathly sore throat and not going away–not strep, says the health center, but either way, not cool.
Life is going fairly well right now, and I’m glad to be on the other side of an emotional valley. Yes, I am resilient; sometimes, it just takes time to get through. Things are not 100% normal, and that’s fine. I’m still adjusting to the fact that my dad is gone. This redefines many things, but this is also a new beginning for myself.
I am learning to be happy being an individual, being single, being myself. I’ve known that I am awesome for quite sometime, and now it’s really time to think about what I want out of life. For one, I’m considering exploring the Midwest for job opportunities after graduating, and in addition to that–who am I kidding–SoCal is back in the running. I never thought I’d say that, but it is. I’m really excited about those particular areas coming into play. I’m excited about being in a position to be thinking about packing up when I’m done at OSU and going wherever the wind takes me.
Beauty through strength. Adventure awaits.
I’ll get back on a normal schedule when NASPA conference is over, hopefully.
‘Til then, love love love…