How’s the 30 Before 30 list going? Slowly but surely, I am making progress. Hopefully it won’t be like La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona (pictured above), which is still under construction after over a century! Here we go…
Visit E in Spain Success! And what fun it was.
2. Visit the Italian town my ancestors are from – I got close to Monastero di Lanzo– made it to Torino, Italy. Next time!
3. Visit Australia and meet a kangaroo – December 2012? Where else would I spend the end of the world? Ha, ha.
4. Visit Kauai and go surfing there – Slash “Backpack the big island of Hawaii.” I’m thinking summer 2012 would be an amazing time for an “I finished my Master’s degree!” trip.
5. Learn to swim – It better happen this summer.
6. Learn to ride a bike – Ditto what I said above.
7. Learn to bartend – Same for this one. It may not be professional, but I have a great drink recipe book to work with.
8. Learn Spanish and Tagalog – Spanish is beginning to click along; a lot of work is ahead of me still.
9. Meet my cousins and family in the Philippines – Maybe this will happen in Dec. 2012, too.
10. Earn a master’s degree in student affairs administration – Admission confirmed at Oregon State University; I will move to Corvallis, OR in September.
Have one more Wenatchee summer – I’m going to count this past week as sufficient; this item has been amended to “Have a Wenatchee and Seattle summer.”
12. Stay in a bed & breakfast somewhere on the Oregon coast – Planning on at least going to the coast again this summer.
Not much has been done on the following, nor do I have timelines:
13. Take an extensive brewery tour of the Northwest and West Coast
14. Hike the Enchantments
15. Hike part of the Pacific Crest trail (WA portion)
16. Road trip to Alaska
17. Write a memoir
18. Get a piece of poetry published
19. Write a book AND get it published
20. Perform improv or stand-up
21. Be an extra in a movie
22. Get professional-quality headshots/model shots just for fun
23. Try out for a semi-pro/professional dance/cheer team
24. Meet Neil Patrick Harris
25. Get an awesome 6-pack
26. Buy a car
27. Get a dog
28. Read more books
29. Take Amtrak down the west coast
30. Get married and have a wonderful, down-to-earth wedding
Not bad for creating the list in my 24th year of existence. This will definitely keep me motivated and looking forward to the next adventure.
One step at a time…