Maybe it’s the instant coffee I just drank (seriously, it’s everywhere here), but I feel the need to share the current things in my life that are making me happy:
1. Last night, the girl I tutor made me watch her dance to 3 or 4 songs from the Grease soundtrack. She had been being a bit difficult earlier in the day, but her dances were too cute. Maybe that’s why people have kids– redeeming moments like that. (Maybe.)
2. My host family’s abuelita showed up last night. She is the mother of my host father, and when we were introduced, she definitely squeezed my cheeks and said, “Bonita.” I think Gramma likes me.
3. The family has a different housegirl this week, and she likes listening to the hit radio station while she works. Just heard Leona Lewis’ “I Got U” on the radio, and I’m totally down with that jam. A woman singing about telling her man that she’s here for him and she can also handle herself if he breaks her heart? Yes, please.
4. The travel bug totally has its grip on me. I don’t think I have time to make it to Amsterdam or Dublin or San Sebastian or Marseille or… I’m realizing I’m going to have to come back to Europe, as well as plan trips to Mexico, Australia, the Philippines, etc. etc. Lucky for me, my graduate assistantship is going to give me the chance to save some money. Also, I think I should probably sell my car this summer… Anyway. What I’m getting at is, I’ve finally started out on my dream of seeing the world, and I love it.
5. The Ugliest Best Friends Ever. Those girls are amazing. (And no, I did not name our little group. You get a sense of our humor, though, right?) I’m working on compiling an Ultimate Summer Jam Playlist for us to rock out to this summer. Although I’m bummed I’m going to miss some good sites in Europe, I am looking forward to being reunited with my girls.
6. The fact that one of my new friends in Madrid used to cheer at his college. We nerded out about cheer for at least half an hour the other night. So screw the haters, cheer is totally my favorite sport both to watch and participate in (as much as I can with my not-so-awesome skills).
7. Teh Super Ninja. What else can I say? Way to go, life. Totally blindsided me again. High five.
8. Other bloggers! Seriously, some of the most important things that have happened to me in recent memory were influenced by other blogs.
9. Okay. I think I’m done listing. That’s it for now. Seriously. Done.
10. Okay, okay. Now I am.